A HELPFUL ARTICLE
Snacks to pack, to stay on track…
I don’t know about you, but I am ALWAYS in a rush. Seriously, I am always late..it’s a problem. Overscheduled, overtired, overworked and over almost everything. But in order to keep my sanity and not become the newest feature on TLC’s latest hit my 600 pound life, I have to go into the week as prepared as possible. On the other hand, who has time to slave over a stove for hours making meals for the week..NO ONE! And if you do, chances are you will do it for 2 weeks then give up, then get pissed, then feel defeated, then gain weight, then beat yourself up, then get pissed, then get motivated and start the vicious circle all over again. I know, trust me, I’ve been there. So when people ask me how I do it all, my answer is I cheat. Yes, I am a big skinny cheater. Over the years and by being a physician assistant and health coach, I have learned idiot-proof ways to stay on track even in the busiest of times. No bake, throw in a bag or cup and go.
So here are my not so secret, secrets!
No cook on the go
- Baby carrots
- Cherry tomatoes
- Applesauce..don’t be afraid to eat your kids go-go squeeze, its better than mcdonalds.
- Rice cakes and peanut butter or any nut butter of your choice
- Bananas with nut butter
- Larabar, kind bar, Rx bar, or any bar without added ingredients
- Daily Sunshine-if you haven’t heard of this you need to! Shake with water and go..great meal for kids and snacks for adults. Learn more HERE.
Shakeology or Smoothies
Be careful with this one. I like Siggi’s since it has a ton of protein and less sugar. Always look for yogurt with less sugar than protein! Or go with plain and add your own sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
Nuts about balls
- No bake energy balls are my jam
- No bake granola bars
Check out my Pinterest board for recipes!
Who said Nuts..
Literally and handful of any nut you can find: Pistachios, almonds, pecans, walnuts..unsalted and raw, like me 🙂
- Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries in a ziploc are sweet dreams
- Frozen blueberries with yogurt
- Cherries, pomegranates
- Pineapple, cantaloupe, pomegranates, grapes, by the handful
- Apple slices with nut butter or honey
- Peaches, kiwi, bananas
- Celery Sticks with peanut butter
- Raw broccoli with dip
- Mashed avocado with baby carrots, or any veggie of your choice
- Baby peppers with mashed avocado dip
You may be thinking..is this girl on crack? Nope. I actually eat and love these things. Why? Because I like how I feel when I eat them. Like I put something healthy and wonderful in my body. Not lethargic, no post-food coma, just pure ingredients that I can eat anywhere anytime with no cooking involved. Give them a try, stop the cycle. And if you want more, shoot me a message or email. I would love to personalize a plan for you! Michele